VIDEO, SUPPORT & DOWNLOADS
AWF71D 1080p Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
AWF71D Video Doorbell FAQ’s
- My phone keeps disconnecting from the Video Doorbell during setup
- The Video Doorbell uses Bluetooth during the setup process
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned On on your phone and is not connected to any Bluetooth devices
- Ensure that Data is turned Off on your smartphone and the phone is connected to your Wi-Fi
- If selecting Doorbell during the setup keeps failing, then select Wi-Fi camera
- I cannot connect to my Doorbell after setting it up
- If the LED light is flashing, then the camera is not connected to your Wi-Fi
- Typically this means that you may have typed in your Wi-Fi password incorrectly
- You will need to reset your camera and start over
- Verify that your Wi-Fi password is correct
- You must use standard 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and not 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Sometimes passwords for each may be different
- My doorbell stopped working or is not getting any power
- The voltage required for the Video Doorbell is 10-24 Vac.
- Check the voltage at the transformer. Typically for a standard 16V transformer it will read ~19-20 Vac.
- Check the voltage at the Doorbell. This is typically ~2V less than at the transformer.
- If you are not getting any voltage reading at the doorbell, then that means there is a disconnect or “short” somewhere in the wiring. This will need to be diagnosed by an electrician.
- How do I reset my camera?
- The reset button is located on the back of the Video Doorbell
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds
- The LED light around the Doorbell button will start to flash rapidly
- What is my Admin Password?
- The default Admin Password is 123456
- This can be changed once in the Advanced Settings
- What is the Security Code?
- The default Security Code is 123456
- But during the camera setup, it is required that you change it to your own
- If you cannot remember what the Security Code is, you must reset your camera back to factory defaults, delete the camera setup in the ALC SightHD app, and set the camera back up as if it were brand new
- One of my mounting brackets is broken
- There are 2 mounting brackets included in the box. One has “tabs” on it and the other has the tabs removed.
- The bracket with tabs is the one that you must use. This clicks into the back of the Video Doorbell.
- The other bracket (without tabs) can be used if extra angle is needed for better viewing. This will just be added behind the main bracket when mounting to the wall.
- Each bracket angles the Video Doorbell 15⁰
- How do I remove the Video Doorbell from the bracket?
- You will need to insert a small screwdriver or paper clip in between the doorbell and the bracket release tab and push out.
- There is a constant “humming” sound coming from my indoor mechanical chime now
- To eliminate (or greatly reduce) the hum, we recommend adding a 2W 15 Ohm resistor to the chime electrical connection
- I have a digital door chime and it is not working with the Video Doorbell.
- Ensure that you have added the Digital Adapter to the digital chime
- You will also need to go into the Advanced Settings for the Doorbell to change the Doorchime Type setting to Digital Chime.
- Also adjust the time depending on how long the melody is on your digital chime.
KNOWLEDGE BASEIf you cannot find the answer to any issue you are having, try our search bar. If you still cannot find your answer, contact our support team.
Search the SightHD Knowledge Base [ivory-search id="2062" title="SightHD Search"]